CBSE announced the results of class 12th board exams 2019 today. Around 13 lakh students appeared for the exams this time. This year, the total pass percentage for the country is 83.4%, compared to 83.01% in 2018. But that isn’t the only difference. Read below to know why the board results this time is different:
- CBSE class XII results, which were usually announced in the third week of May, were announced earlier this time. In fact, the results have been out within 28 days of the last date of the exams.
- This year, there are joint toppers – Hansika Shukla and Karishma Arora. Both have scored 499 marks out of 500 and belong to the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- The second position is occupied by three girls – Gaurangi Chawla (Nirmal Ashram school Rishikesh), Aishwarya (KV Rai Bareilly) and Bhavya BR (SK International Public School, Jind , Haryana) – all having scored 498 marks.
- There are 18 students at the third position, all with 497 marks.
- This time, a total of 23 students (16 of them girls) have made it to the toppers’ list.
- Three top performing regions are: Trivandrum (98.2 pass per cent); Chennai (92.93%) and Delhi (91.87%). Last year, too, these regions figured in the top three, and in the same order.