Ministry of HRD and Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs (MPA) are partnering together for Online Youth Parliament Programme to commemorate 70 years of constitution. In this regard a meeting was held between Amit Khare, secretary, HRD; Rajendra S Shukla, secretary, MPA; and Anita Karwal, CBSE chairperson, in New Delhi today. They discussed the modalities to increase the outreach of Youth Parliament Programme by making it online through the web-portal of national youth parliament scheme.
MPA has been implementing off-line Youth Parliament programme since 1966 in schools under the Directorate of Education, Government of NCT of Delhi and NDMC, Kendriya Vidyalayas, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas and universities/ colleges. Around 18,000 students of 300 educational institutions participate through off-line Youth Parliament programme every year. This programme is organised in competition format which is limiting the participation of the institutions and thus not fulfilling the core purpose of the scheme in the desired manner. For overcoming this limitation, the ministry has developed a web-portal of National Youth Parliament Scheme to increase the coverage of the programme manifold to hitherto untouched sections and corners of the country.
All recognised schools, colleges and universities can access the portal at www.nyps.mpa.gov.in to take part in the Youth Parliament programme of the ministry. The last date for the registration on the portal has been extended to 28 February 2020. The salient features of the web-portal are:-
- All recognised educational institutions of the country are eligible to participate in this programme.
- The registration for participation will be done by the educational institutions through the web-portal.
- E-training modules, videos, photographs and scripts are available on the portal for online self-learning of the participants.
- After successful registration, the educational institutions will be able to conduct youth parliament sittings in their respective institutions.
- Each student taking part in the sitting will get a Digital ‘Certificate of Participation’ and teachers-in-charge and head of institution will get a ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ through the web portal.