Teachers’ Day: 7 Inspiring Quotes by Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
Teacher’s Day is celebrated on September 5 every year in India to commemorate Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan’s birthday. A philosopher, scholar, teacher and a politician, his contributions in the field of education are exemplary.
Dr Radhakrishnan, the second president of India, began his career as a faculty member at Madras Presidency College. He also taught at various prestigious universities like the University of Oxford, the University of Calcutta, and the University of Mysore. Dr Radhakrishnan was awarded the Bharat Ratna in 1954.
Below, we have compiled some of his famous quotes dedicated to teachers and education:
- True teachers are those who help us think for ourselves.
- Teachers should be the best minds in the country.
- The end-product of education should be a free creative man, who can battle against historical circumstances and adversities of nature.
- Books are the means by which we build bridges between cultures.
- When we think we know, we cease to learn.
- A literary genius, it is said, resembles all, though no one resembles him.
- A life of joy and happiness is possible only on the basis of knowledge and science.