The much publicised four-day festival, EK Bharat Shreshth Bharat Parv, will begin in New Delhi from October 31. HRD minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ will inaugurate the festival, which is being organised by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) under Ministry of Human Resource Development at the India Gate Lawn No. 6 from 31 October to 3 November 2019. The event is primarily to showcase the spirit of ‘Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat’ and also promote the communication and artistic skills of students through various competitions. Further, it will provide a platform to teachers to express their talent in performing and visual arts.
All the 25 regions of KVS are paired with a state different from their own state and also country. Students were required to prepare projects/exhibits on the culture, customs, dress, agriculture, industry, economy, climate, topography, etc. of the state and the country allotted to them. This provided them an opportunity to understand the art and culture of the paired states and the countries, thus imbibing a mutual respect towards different cultures. Students competed at various levels – vidyalaya/ cluster and region, before getting to this stage.
This mega-event is a broad platform for students to display their creativity, originality, artistic skills, etc. The idea behind it is to help students overcome many challenges, linguistic and geographical barriers, and awaken a strong sense of national pride besides widening their horizons with a better cosmopolitan outlook. The details of participants from each region in Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat Parv 2019 are –
|Escort Teachers (Including 2 accompanists)
|Music Competition Teachers
|Art Competition Teachers
|Total Participants from Each Region
|Total Participants from 25 Regions
Components of Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat Parv
1. KVS-Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat
Non Competitive Event
Cultural march-past (Shobha Yatra): March-past will be held in the opening and closing ceremony consisting of
- 20 seconds introduction in the language of the state
- 40 seconds song and dance display of the state
- Artefacts in the background, forming a continuous medley.
In the opening ceremony, this will be done by students of Delhi region for all the states. In the closing ceremony, each region will represent the paired state.
- Group Dance: Students from one of the paired states will perform dances of their counterpart states.
- Group Song: Students from one of the paired states will present songs of their counterpart states.
- On the spot painting: Themes of paired states to be given on the day of the competition.
- Solo Song: Folk songs of the paired state.
- Quiz: Quiz on the paired state. Thus, there will be 12 winners for 12 pairs of states.
- Display of Artefacts/Project: Students will display exhibits and artefacts bringing out the rich cultural essence of the paired state.
- English Elocution: Students will be given topics related to the state allotted.
- Creative Writing: Students to write about assigned aspect of the paired state.
- Story Telling: Students will relate folk lore and stories of prominent writers of the state allotted.
- Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat Bhasha Sangam: Students of one of the paired states will speak, write and display 100 sentences in the language of the counterpart state.
Visit to Paired State
As a follow-up, visit of students to paired states will be carried out during the coming winter break.
2. Other Cultural Competitions
Students will compete in the following events as per the countries allotted to them:
- Group Dance (International)
- Group Song (International)
Competitions will also be held for students in:
- Solo Classical Dance
- Solo Instrumental
3. Theme Based Exhibition
This year, four contemporary theme-based exhibits have been incorporated in the Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat Parv. Each region will be preparing two exhibits per theme, out of which the best ones will be displayed. The themes are as follows:
|Samagra Shiksha & Jal Suraksha
|Ban on Single Use Plastic
4. KVS Language and Literature Fest
- Spell Bee: A competition of English word spelling.
- Debate-Hindi Topic: ‘विधायिका में महिलाओं के लिएआरक्षण, विधायिका को मजबूत करेगा’
- Debate-English Topic: ‘Religion and Politics should not be mixed’
- Quiz: The quiz will be conducted in English and the theme will be “Life and Philosophy of Mahatma Gandhi”.
- Sanskrit Shloka Recitation: The Shlokas shall be selected by the participants from following themes –patriotism, national integration, social cohesion, youth/women empowerment or folklore.
- Hindi Kavya Paath: The poem shall be selected by participants to depict any of the following themes – patriotism, national integration, social cohesion, youth/women empowerment or folklore.
5. KVS Sangeet Kala Sangam
Events especially held for music and art teachers, to motivate them in their quest for excellence, through performing and visual arts.
- Music Vocal
- Music Instrumental
- Art – Creative Work
- Art -Traditional/Folk Work
- Art – Realistic Work
- Art –Artefact/ Sculpture