Geneo is a personalised, curriculum and student-driven digital learning platform targeting students of class 8-10. It provides action-based learning to students through LARA approach – Learn concepts, Apply concepts, Revise concepts and Assess learnings. It uses the app-cloud model to provide digital curated content, offers round-the-clock remote mentor support; and is accessible on mobile phones, laptops, PCs, tablets, and chromebooks.
Developed by IL&FS Education & Technology Services Ltd. (IETS) in technical collaboration with Google for Education, Geneo is being positioned as a tool to help teachers deliver a session in class more effectively and not replace them.
Some of the features of the product are:
- Personalised learning offered through curriculum-aligned curated content for grades 8 to 10
- Curated teacher-led interactive videos
- Visual and simulation-based learning modules that make concepts interactive, immersive and interesting
- 3-D models to understand science concepts
- Students can grade themselves after every lesson by playing quizzes and taking tests
- There are mindmaps for a visual representation of a topic to help explore it in-detail
- Personal mentor experience: Access to a nationwide team of teachers and subject experts
- Subjects covered: Maths, Science and English
- Board: CBSE
- Students can personalise digital textbook by adding notes, highlights and bookmarks