Now get practical lessons in Science by visiting India’s best labs
With an aim to inculcate scientific curiosity among school students, India’s largest R&D organisation, the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) have joined hands with Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) to implement the student-scientist connect programme called Jigyasa. The programme is designed to connect school students and scientists and extend student’s classroom learning to research laboratory based learning.
Jigyasa will enable students and teachers to practically live the theoretical concepts taught in science by visiting CSIR laboratories and by participating in mini-science projects. The model of engagement includes:
- Student residential programmes
- Scientists as teachers and teachers as scientists
- Lab specific activities /onsite experiments
- Visits of scientists to schools/outreach programmes
- Science and maths clubs
- Popular lecture series/demonstration programme at schools
- Student apprenticeship programmes
- Science exhibitions
- Projects of national children’s science congress
- Teacher workshops
- Tinkering laboratories
CSIR will also talent hunt among the visiting students for furthering the cause of scientific development.
Considered to be one of the major initiatives taken up by CSIR at national level, Jigyasa will connect 1,151 Kendriya Vidyalayas with 38 CSIR laboratories targeting one lakh students and nearly 1000 teachers annually.
Do you feel strongly about something? Have a story to share? Write to us at email@example.com or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter