Seven ways to celebrate Mother’s Day
Mothers are the biggest teachers and role models for us who influence our lives in a big way. No matter, how much we disapprove them in our younger days, we are likely to follow their parenting style later with our kids. The love and the care they shower are unmatchable. This mother’s day, we can make her feel special and loved in our own little ways. We bring a few tips that will lighten her day:
- Shop together, but this time for her: Mothers are always busy shopping for us. Even when they are shopping for themselves, they might forget to buy something for themselves but will surely buy something for us – little blingy earings, neckpieces, sparkling sandles, etc. It’s time we plan out a shopping date with her and make her buy what she always wanted to buy, but couldn’t – the dress or jewellery pieces she always wanted to own but couldn’t.
- Movie or a musical night or a theatre:For movie buff mothers, you can plan out a movie. You can opt for a comedy movie or a family drama depending on her choice. If she loves theatre or a musical night, you can take advantage of living in a happening place like Delhi NCR which is a hub of cultural activities. Lot of restaurants with live music and concert night can also be explored.
- Prepare her a health chart: Mothers always neglect their health, while taking care of each of the family members. Prepare her a health chart. Gift her a yoga session or enroll her into a gym or zumba or aerobic classes.
- A quiet meal together:In our hectic lives, we, at times, are left with little time to sit with each other and chat at leisure. A quiet dinner at her favourite restaurant brings you an opportunity to show her that you care.
- Cook something for her:It’s mothers who always cook for us and shower their love on us. If you enjoy cooking, give her some rest and prepare her favourite dish and let her sit and enjoy her ‘me time’.
- Scrapbooking the moments you share with her:You may prepare a scrapbook with the old photos of you two and family pictures – the pictures of birthday celebrations, family vacation, you donning your mother’s sari and make up. Old memories will surely make her smile!
- Enjoy a spa session together:Since our mothers spend their days cooking, cleaning and doing errands for us, give her a break on this special day. Take her out and pamper her with a spa session that will not only rejuvenate her, but also make her feel special. A mother-daughter duo spa session will remain in her memory as keepsake.