What a year this has been! No one had ever imagined that we would be locked in inside our homes for months with almost no contact with the outside world. No friends to play with, no outdoor games or activities, and no schools also. Everything we had to do in the four walls of our home.
But now that life is slowly returning to the normal, how do you look back? Tell us your story. A day in the life of lockdown.
The Peeper Times is organizing a story competition for Indian students of age group 10-16 years. The topic for the competition is ‘Lockdown Tales’. Share with us a story about your lockdown, how you wished it had been or anything that comes to your mind. Let your imagination fly.
- Top 7 stories will be published on our portal along with the photograph of the author
- Top 3 entries will also receive surprise gift
- All participants will receive an e-certificate of participation
Last date for submission is 31 October 2020
Rules for the competition:
- Participation in the Competition is free-of-charge. The Organiser is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the students in the creation and submission of the story.
- The Competition is open to all Indian students aged 10 to 16 years old (inclusive).
- Only one entry per participant is allowed.
- Entries must be works of fiction;
- World limit: Not more than 1000 words
- Entries must be typed in English using Times Roman font;
- Entries must be the original unpublished work of their authors. Each participant & his/her parents or guardian should certify that he/she is the sole copyright-holder of the submitted short story.
- Entries that are partially or fully copied from another source will be disqualified.
- Do not send stories that have won and/or placed in other writing contests.
The Organiser reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not meet the above criteria
All participants should follow the below instructions before submitting their stories:
- Send your story as a Word or a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject of the email, clearly write: Story Competition
- Do mention the name, birth date, class, school and city of the young writer
- The name and contact information (both email and phone number) of the parent or the legal guardian should also be mentioned. The information provided will be used for our communication purpose and not shared with any third party.