In the run up to the Independence Day celebrations in the country, HRD ministry in partnership with MyGov is organising an online essay writing competition for specific age of school students (IX to X or secondary stage and XI to XII or higher secondary) across the country. NCERT will be the nodal agency for this event.
The sub-topics under the main topic for essay writing, that is, “Atma Nirbhar Bharat – Swatantra Bharat” are as follows:
- For Atma Nirbhar Bharat, the Indian constitution and democracy are the biggest enablers.
- India at 75: A nation marching towards Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- Atma Nirbhar Bharat through Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat: Innovation thrives when there is unity in diversity.
- Digital India: Opportunities in COVID-19 and beyond.
- Atma Nirbhar Bharat – Role of students in national development.
- Atma Nirbhar Bharat – Independence from gender, caste and ethnic biases.
- Atma Nirbhar Bharat: Making of a new India through bio-diversity and agricultural prosperity.
- While I exercise my rights, I must not forget to undertake my duties to usher in an Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
- My physical fitness is my wealth that will build the human capital for Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
- Conserve blue to Go green for an Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
Selection of essays will be taken up at two levels. Firstly, states/UTs level will finalise the essays. Next, the selected 10 essays from each state will become the pool of selected essays for the final selections at national level by a team of experts decided by NCERT. 30 essays will be selected in each category, i.e. secondary stage and higher secondary stage by the NCERT. Prizes will be announced for the national level winners soon.
Students may submit their entries here by 23 August 2020.