SPACE India recently announced results of its online examination, SPACE Heliodyssey Test 2019 (SHOT-2019). 200 students from all over the country were selected for various prizes including an opportunity to be a part of the solar scientific expedition team which will scientifically observe and record the annular solar eclipse of 26 December 2019 from India (Kerala) and Sultanate of Oman. While Soham Gupta from Bal Bharati Public School, Pitampura, Delhi secured the first rank, students from Sri Venkateshwar International School, Dwarka, Delhi, bagged as many as 17 awards in different categories.
The prizes for the top 200 students are as follows:
- Top 20 students will go on a fully sponsored trip to Oman.
- Next 30 rank holders will go to Kerala.
- Next 50 rank holders will be awarded 76mm reflector telescope with a solar filter.
- The next 100 rank holders will be awarded a 50mm refractor telescope with a solar filter.
- Every participant of SHOT 2019 will be provided training for safe observation of eclipse.