Five famous quotes about children by Pt Nehru
We all know that November 14 is the birth anniversary of independent India’s first Prime Minister Pt Jawaharlal Nehru. It’s also a day when the country celebrates Children’s Day (Bal Diwas), even though the Universal Children’s Day is marked on November 20. That’s because Pt Nehru was fond of children.
Such was Pt Nehru’s popularity among children that they named him ‘Chacha Nehru’. On Children’s Day, we bring you five of his famous quotes which tell you about the children, their importance and how they need to be nurtured:
- The children of today will make the India of tomorrow. The way we bring them up will determine the future of the country.
- The only way to reform them (children) is to win them over with love. So long as a child is unfriendly, you can’t mend his ways.
- Children do not think of differences amongst themselves, difference of class or caste or colour or status. They are wiser than their father(s) or mother(s).
- Children are like buds in a garden and should be carefully and lovingly nurtured, as they are the future of the nation and the citizens of tomorrow.
- As they grow up, unfortunately, their natural freedom is often eclipsed by teaching and behaviour of elders. At school, they learn many things, which are no doubt useful, but they gradually forget that essential thing is to be human and kind, playful, and make life richer for ourselves and others.