A Maths teacher shares seven tips to prepare for exams
With yearly/board exams just around the corner, it is high time to get your act together. While every subject is important, Mathematics assumes significance not only because it is a high scoring subject but also a most dreaded one among students. Neeta Gupta, Mathematics faculty, Lotus valley international school Noida, UP, tells us that there is no need to fear the subject if we follow some smart tricks. The tips can also be applied to other subjects.
As board examination will commence from March, it is time to start revision of the syllabus. Maths is a difficult subject from ages but also a very scoring one. Here are a few preparation tips and tricks:
- Paste formulae on your desk where you study. Maintain a register which you can use to revise at the last minute.
- To score full marks you need to practice solving each question (of NCERT books) 3-4 times.
- Understand the syllabus and the weightage of each section. This will help you to decide the time which you need to dedicate to each section.
- Solve module test papers.
- Write every answer with proper steps along with formula and rough work.
- Draw figures and graphs which will help you score more marks. Do not forget to carry your geometry box.
- Don’t be scared of the subject. Make it a fun experience and perform your best. Remember there are no shortcuts in Maths.